The best way to guarantee ideal results time after time whether you’re cooking meat, seafood, breads, or candy, is by keeping your thermal companion ready to go—a Thermapen®. The Thermapen Mk4 has specific intuitive features that set it apart from previous models. Keep reading to find out 6 reasons why owning a Mk4 will take your culinary performance to the next level!
Created by scientists and loved by chefs, nothing beats the accuracy and ease of Thermapen. —Epicurious
1. Super-Fast® Readings:
- The Thermapen gives accurate full readings in 2-3 seconds, and senses the constantly changing temperature of the meat in real time as heat energy is moving. Speed is critical when grilling over high heat, or spot-checking smoked meat (the fast readings mean you won’t have to keep the lid open very long, losing heat in your cooker). Temperatures increase rapidly when cooking sugar to make candies and caramels, and an accurate, speedy reading can mean the difference between a perfectly rich-tasting caramel sauce and one that is bitter.
2. Auto-Rotating Display:
- No need to adjust the angle of this lefty-friendly thermometer to easily read the display—the accelerometer automatically adjusts the display in any orientation. You will never have to read the display upside down, or tilt your head to see the temperature reading. So cool!
3. Auto Sleep/Wake Mode Auto On/Off:
- No on/off switch to worry about. Open the probe and your Thermapen is ready to go. When you’re done checking a temperature, set the Thermapen down and it will automatically shut off, saving the battery life. As soon as you pick up your Thermapen, the motion detector will turn the thermometer back on and you’re ready to start using it immediately. The Thermapen is ready when YOU are.
There’s only one 100% reliable way that I know of to guarantee that your meat will be perfectly cooked every single time, and that’s by using a thermometer. An accurate instant-read thermometer like the Thermapen by Thermoworks. Get one. It’s a little pricey, but you will quickly make back that money by never overcooking another piece of expensive meat again. —Kenji Lopez-Alt, Serious Eats
4. Auto Backlight:
- Love grilling for a crowd at night? Your Thermapen has you covered. In dim lighting at night or just when spot-checking something in the far corner of an oven or smoker, the backlight turns on automatically so you can easily read the display. Again—no buttons. The features are intuitive.
5. High Accuracy to ±0.7°F (±0.4°C):
- The thermocouple sensor in the probe tip gives readings with certified accuracy you can rely on. Every Thermapen’s accuracy is certified and NIST traceable. With the rapidly changing temperatures involved in cooking, it’s important to have sharp accuracy—and nothing beats the accuracy of a Thermapen!
If you cook a lot, it’s worth investing in a good probe thermometer, like the Thermapen. It’s our thermometer of choice and what we recommend. —Bouchon Bakery, Thomas Keller
6. Sensor Size:
- The thermocouple’s sensor is located in the very tip of the probe. No need to be concerned about deep penetration for accurate readings. Whether you’re roasting a prime rib roast or poaching a thin piece of fish, your Thermapen will give full readings with probe penetration of only 1/8 of an inch (3mm)! This highly accurate sensor in the probe’s tip will give you real-time readings as it moves through temperature gradients throughout the mass of the food being temped. The reading will never “lock” on a temperature. The constantly changing readings you see reflect the actual changing temperatures in the food as it cooks. So cool!
A fast, accurate thermometer is one of the simplest ways to improve the safety and quality of your food. We use our favorite thermometer, the ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4, every day. —Master of the Grill, America’s Test Kitchen
What are you waiting for? If you haven’t tried a Thermapen yet, now is the time to give it a whirl! Once you see the difference for yourself, you’ll never look back.